Friday 4 September 2015

Samurai Summary: Top Tweets 04/09/2015

How many technical indicators are enough to make an effective call? As a chartist myself I cannot emphasise the importance of understanding your indicators however I have been in a situation where there have been so many indicators on the screen all saying different things that it became impossible to make a call from it and eventually I never executed the trade.  The article suggests that by simplifying the amount of indicators on your chart you clear up indecisions you may encounter and thus trade more profitably.
 Yesterday afternoon ECB President Mario Draghi reiterated that he will act if needs be to avoid the EU from slipping into deflation. This sent markets higher as many took this as more stimulus to be pumped into the system and having interest rates lower for longer.  The EU has suffered from severe bouts of deflationary periods as it battles to control the debt contagion throughout the region.

I sent out a tweet yesterday asking for followers to send me tweets they think I they'd like to hear some insight into. This one from ALSI trader 'ga re Tshwane was entertaining. I must admit that I tried very hard to find the words to try describe it but I was unable, so instead I thought I'd leave it short and sweet and say it gives a new meaning to market "bounce" ; )


Following from my commentary about the ECBs measures to keep the EU safe from deflation this chart suggests otherwise. The German DAX has been pummeled into the ground and has now cause a technical formation known as the Death Cross. This is where the 50 SMA (Simple Moving Average) crosses underneath the 200 SMA. The significance behind this indicators is in the relevance of each moving average with medium term players paying attention to the 50 and longer term investors to the 200. Because the two moving averages meet at the same point it's suggested that there is a flurry of selling helping the market turn down weaker. This will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

No comments :

Post a Comment