Wednesday 4 February 2015

CadeTradeR turns 1 Years Old

Today marks 1 year since the beginning of the CadeTradeR blog and what an incredible journey it has been sharing with the trading community my thoughts and insights into the coming and goings in the financial markets. Reflecting back on the last year does leave me with a sense of fulfillment when thinking about the new friendships made and great interaction with like-minded traders from all over the world. 

The idea to start a blog came one day when speaking with a good friend of mine who insisted that I transfer my passion around financial markets into articles and share with others like myself ,the trials and tribulations of cutting my teeth in trading. I'm happy to say that hearing feedback from my readers gives me motivation to continue on my endeavours and to provide them with the truth behind the progression into a fully fledged trader. 

If there was one part of my trading which I thought lacked it was keeping an active journal and consistently writing down what I felt at a particular moment in the trading environment. By committing myself to writing a blog I've created a need of discipline to write down on an ongoing basis.  I can say without a doubt the profound impact this has had on my trading and there are times when I go back to articles posted months before and read my thoughts having seen the markets roll through the motions and find them to be close to predictions. 

Part of the trading process involves making a correct diagnosis of market conditions and then to correctly implementing your trading plan accordingly. This is done after many hours observing market movements and experiencing different conditions. 

Its an inconvenient truth which many do not accept or understand. I will admit I was one of those who, out of lack of discipline or foresight, neglected this part of my trading. However having done so for the last year I can see the tremendous value it has added on to my trading experience. Its invigorated me with confidence to see the market as it is without being fearful of being wrong. 

The past year has also produced some heroes and zeroes in terms of trading movements. One only has to glance back to a few weeks ago to the Swiss Franc revaluation saga. The topical nature of these events make it an essential part of commentary process so many traders wish to hear. It's something I've learned to appreciate over the last year and definitely adds great debate on trading forums. 

But this blog wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for the readers who take the time to page through and interact with me and its with heartfelt gratitude that I thank all of you who have in one way or another play a part in keeping me motivated to write the next one. Trading can often be a very lonely business spending hours behind a screen trying to resolve emotional disputes in your mind because of your trading process, but it's a great relief to find others who feel the same at times and offer the motivational pat on the back when your outlook looks grim. 

So here's to the next year of CadeTradeR and for many more to come, to continuing providing all my readers with insightful reads which account to an accurate and honest journey of a new trader navigating his way through the bumps and turns of the fascinating world of financial markets.  

If you would like to contact me you can through my email at cadetrader@gmail.com or if you wish to follow me on twitter and get the latest updates of news, interesting commentary and general trends in the market, my twitter handle is @CadeTradeR if you follow this link it’ll take you directly to my twitter timeline: https://twitter.com/CadeTradeR

No comments :

Post a Comment