Thursday 13 November 2014

How the CadeTradeR Came To Be

 I've decided that today that I wanted to unravel the mysterious behind the name of this blog in the hope that it may explain why I decided on using the name and how I try to incorporate it in my articles.

As you will have noticed that when I do write I try bring the experiences of life and trading together so to highlighted the similarities between the two. If you take the time to observe the subtleness of it you'll be quite surprised how the two align. I've always believed that through our lives in between working, studying or even enjoyment there are life lessons to be learnt, valuable experience from which if we are mindful about create greater value to ourselves. 

However many times in our lives we are simply too busy to take note of what has happened and most often lose out on the opportunity to embrace the lesson stemmed out from the experience.

I believe we are shaped by our past experiences and our trading journey is not merely a process whereby we simply execute a trade and hope it works out. I believe that the first experiences of a trader's journey should be one of self discovery to find what personality traits we possess or lack and from that point shape our ultimate trading experience. Thus my goal when sharing my personal stories with fellow traders is to evoke their curiosity to search for the trading beliefs they truly believe in which will fundamentally lay down the foundation of their future career as a trader. 

I've always been asked, "Why CadeTradeR? " Quite simply because a cadet is a trainee military personnel with no experience at all. When introduced into the rigorous training routine they are broken down physically and mentally and then built on the principles of discipline. They are brought into a ranking system whereby positions are earned through experience, hard work and innate knowledge of the situation.



I've found in my dealings with many traders, old and new, that there seems to be an instant affiliation to the rank of "Trader". But what is a trader exactly. Although we may have glamourous connotation we don't truly appreciate the time it takes to craft oneself into one. It is because of this exact point that I intended on writing down my own experiences as a cadet trader enlightening my readership with my findings of what it is to be a true definition of a Trader.

I wanted to created a concept in which new traders could identify themselves much easily with and at the same time not take away the expectations of a trader. Thus the merge of the two words to form a new definition of a new trader, the CadeTradeR.

The market can be a harsh reality for a person not skilled to foresee the danger which lies around the corner which is why I've left 3 letters in capital form. Each letter forms a trait which I believe is the backbone of most successfully traders and the same needed for CadeTradeR's to ensure their ultimate goal. They are;
  • Consistent: The manner in which we trade needs to be consistent at all times taking into account risk management, the most important part of the trading process because without it our success will be diminished dramatically. 
  • Tactical: Having a plan on hand and understanding the reasonings behind entry, exit or delay of a trade thus bringing a degree of measurement to our expectations. 
  • Resilient:  The most important trait is resilience as a traders journey is full of highs and lows (no pun intended) and our abilities to deal with the realities of trading truly and honestly will speed up the process of understanding. 
Follow these 3 traits and you'll be equipped to escape the fallacies most commonly found throughout the Trading Community. 

A school teacher of mine once told me "Humility before Honour" which is none truer than in the markets. The market is a much greater force than one trader. We have no control of it, we serve the market in forms of liquidity and in turn the market rewards us based on our discipline. There's no need to act perilously, respect the market and it respects you.

I hope that this article has inspired you to come back and read my progression through the trials and tribulations in my own trading journey and maybe it creates much awareness to form a community of like minded traders to share our journey to a common goal.



If you would like to contact me you can through my email at cadetrader@gmail.com or if you wish to follow me on twitter and get the latest updates of news, interesting commentary and general trends in the market, my twitter handle is @CadeTradeR if you follow this link it’ll take you directly to my twitter timeline: https://twitter.com/CadeTradeR





No comments :

Post a Comment